Saturday, September 1, 2012

Here we go again

I was catching up on my friend's blog this morning when I really should be triple checking my packing list and suitcases...and I noticed that I hadn't written a blog for 6 months!! Honestly, I started this thinking it would maybe be an outlet during our adoption process and the fact is I'm absolutely sick of talking about & thinking about this adoption.  Two years ago I never thought we'd still be in this place. Sigh.

And, today we're headed back.  This is a trip full of unknowns and I'm nervous about what we're going to find when we get there.  The details are long and complicated and boring even for those who are familiar with international adoption.  But, people haven't been doing their job.  To make matters even worse, we have a very important piece of paper that expires on 9.17.2012.  So in the midst of very last minute travel (I had less than a week to pack & prepare myself for a possible month long trip away from my babies) we have also been hurriedly gathering documents needed for the extension of our VIP (very important paper).

I'm so excited to get to hold Charlie again. I can't wait for that.  :)  But at the same time I'm already missing my kids.  I spent a good part of this morning just watching them both sleep, taking in a sight that I'm going to miss so much.  They spent the last two nights snuggled up with me while Wayne was ousted to the couch. :)

Ways you can pray for us: pray for the judge & clerk in our case, our lawyer to begin working diligently & the PI as he prepares what he needs for the judge, pray for the kids & my mom as they are here holding down the fort,  for Wayne as he leaves to come home next Saturday & for our time in country.

We have amazing friends who have supported us in so many ways throughout this process.  Without you our lives would be less.

3 comments:

Becky Ryder said... [Reply to comment]

Xoxo! Prayers for you and believing you'll get answers!
Love you!

Heather Mallow said... [Reply to comment]

Sending positive vibes for everything to go the way u need it to!!! Love u!

Tracy said... [Reply to comment]

Praying! I know this week is going to bring results! Praying I am there with you soon.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011