Monday, September 21, 2009

The beginning....

It all started with a midnight feeding. Much like God speaking to Elijah on Mt. Horeb not in a booming thunderous voice, but in His "still small voice" that we read about in 1Kings 19:12. I was nursing my daughter; rocking her to sleep and staring out at the moonlight pouring into my window when I heard clearly what I now know was His voice saying, "This is not all that there is." The voice wasn't angry for the years that I'd turned my back on Him, put myself in situations that should have ended my life far before now and worst of all, pained Him with actions and words that I think of now with shame. No, not angry, but even-like a parent to a child. I woke my husband up and told him that God had just spoken to me and that we needed to find a church...like, yesterday!

Fast forward five years later and I can't imagine how we survived without Christ being the center of our lives, home, marriage and workplace. Two years ago we decided that I should quit my job and focus on the kids and our home. However frustrating it is at times, this is the best decision that I've ever made in my life, save listening to that "still small voice".

Many changes have come upon us in the past year. My husband's business has increased exceedingly (Praise God!), we sold our first home and purchased our 'forever' house and most recently added to our household in that our niece has moved in with us permanently. I pray that God continues to guide us in our advice to this young girl who came here to heal from a lifetime of hurt. I also pray that He does a work in her father's heart.

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011