Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekend of relaxation

"For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!" ~Ecclesiastes 4:10

Wayne and I have been blessed beyond measure with wonderful friends. At times, I feel a bit neglectful toward them because I know that I could be better at picking up the phone to just say, "Hey!" but, they are also the most understanding friends as well. When we first started attending The Potter's Place I remembered Pastor Ken speaking about how friendships change as one grows in faith. Now, five years later, I count some of the women at church among my closest and dearest friends and have a special place in my heart for each woman there! My best friend became so as a result of us moving in next door to her family. She's my kindred spirit and I value her friendship and admire her faith in Jesus. Our conversational topics vary largely, but it's our conversations about the Bible and God that I dwell on long after we've parted ways. We've become family and in a world with so much ugly: something beautiful....ha. Isn't it amazing how God places you into other people's lives and vice versa?!

Last night we had dinner with two of our very best friends, our Pastor and his wife Suzanne. It was a treat for us to be on a "date" without children! We laughed and talked for two hours over some of the BEST Italian food that I've had in a very long time! I enjoyed spending time with them and fellowshipping over a quiet meal in a quaint restaurant on a cold, rainy evening. It made me want to come home and read Wuthering Heights again!

Thank you Father for friends that we can trust to edify us during our walk through life when so many people are out there to tear us down. I pray that my friends will be blessed immensely.

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011