Saturday, February 13, 2010

In lieu of a card

Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is as strong as death, jealousy is as cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which have a most vehement flame." Song of Solomon 8:6


Capri, Italy 2007


So, I am embarrassed to admit that due to two major back to back snowstorms and a stomach virus at Chez Porter I did not get Wayne anything for Valentine's Day this year. Although this day falls way at the bottom of the list for me I still acknowledge it with cards, candy and/or small presents for my love. I also realize that people shouldn't need an 'I love you' holiday to tell those important to them just that-but that's not the case here. So, in lieu of a card, I've compiled a list of things that I love about my Urby and hope that this will move him more than any glittery Hallmark card out there.

I love that when you send me flowers for no reason you try to have the florist include a few gerbera daisies-the flower that I carried down the aisle on our wedding day-and my fave :)

I love your smile and the look on your face as you glance at me in the passenger seat. Beside you is one of my favorite places to be.

I love the way you are with our kids.

I love that you're the kind of man that my Nanny wanted me to have. That makes me smile.

I love his determination. You've never given up on me...even when I've given up on myself.

I love that even in sleep your hand still finds mine to hold.

Holding hands in the car...love that, too.

Your eyes light up when I come to ACS to visit you. That melts my heart.

I love that you sing Italian Restaurant to me sometimes when I'm ready to go to sleep.

I love that your parents value your opinion so much.

I love that you're an upstanding businessman.

I love that you love our babies so selflessly.

You are the epitome of selfless.

Or that you don't get mad when I download 50 albums on iTunes in one month.

Or that I go over my cell phone minutes sometimes, okay, oftentimes.

I guess I love that you're so even tempered. I've never seen you really angry and I've done some pretty dumb things.

I love that I can trust you enough to tell you anything.

You watch movies like Steel Magnolias and The Notebook with me.

I love that we can laugh together (even though we both know that I'm funnier).

I love getting LOST with you. :)

I love that you've taken my heart so completely that I cannot imagine my life before you or without you-and that's just fine with me.

@ the lake 2010

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011