Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Project Life: Week 5 :)


With all this snow I was hoping to be ahead of the game and just be ready to post this bright and early this morning. However, I'm too into my Pioneer Woman cookbook. And, I just found out it's on sale here for under $20!!! I've always had an aversion to cooking but I'm having so much fun! I'm mincing garlic, making my own meat sauce for lasagna and planning an herb garden. I love the feeling of picking out something from her book and preparing it for my family. That sounds strange, maybe, but the thought of Wayne walking in the door to some yummy home cooked meal makes me giddy. Plus, our family eats out waaaay too much and I really am liking the time at home more than I like having to go out or order in somewhere. We live in a college town which means there are about 15 pizza joints and one questionable Chinese establishment in our surrounding area-needless to say-we go out a lot more than we order in. Anyway, if you haven't checked her out, I encourage you to do so. She's awesome and can be found here. Have a blessed week!!

1.31.10-We picked the kids up from my in-laws house on Sunday as Wayne surprised me with a concert weekend away and it was wonderful. My sweet mother in law was teaching Mia to knit and I tried and tried to capture that moment. Mia is very excited for her next lesson with Grammy.

1.1.10-Peyton's cub scout gang (do they have an official name?) went to our local bookstore and Mr. Fred had the Pioneer Woman book waiting for me. When I was in earlier and asked him to order it he said "I need to find out more about this Pioneer Woman! I just read an article about her in Woman's Day!!" LOL

1.2.10-Today, I attempted PW's Restaurant Style Salsa. It was heavenly. I impressed my husband and my friends with this easy, yummy treat. I made it during the snowstorm and delivered it to my neighbors who had been helping us keep on top of snow blowing. Love it.
1.3.10-The kids came home from school today and wanted to help wash up some dishes. They were so nice about it and were actually working nicely together that I had to photograph it!
1.4.10-We had friends over for dinner on Thursday after dance class. Macey and Mia had a lot of fun playing together. The adults also had fun sitting around a table full of food from Giuseppe's and talking/laughing.
1.5.10-I made my first roast ever and although the snowfall was going to be my picture for this day, I'm just so proud of myself that the roast wins. :) It was delicious and went perfectly with homemade scalloped potatoes and mac&cheese-all from PW's website. Can I say again, I heart the Pioneer Woman!!
1.6.10-We woke up to about two feet of snow on Saturday morning and it was still falling. One of the city plow trucks got stuck right in front of our driveway. Over all, I believe Frostburg was covered with about 40inches total. As I type this Tuesday morning, we're waiting to see if the 12 additional inches that could come today and tomorrow is going to start. Is it Spring yet?


4 comments:

Emily said... [Reply to comment]

Oh my word that's a lot of SNOW. All that food looks delish, Jen! Way to go, mama.

Nothingcanseperate said... [Reply to comment]

Jenn, wow pot roast day, you certainly made a lot of food. And actually "made" it, not heated it ;D Good for you!! I have to say neither Macey nor Mia look like they are having much fun in that picture :P

Karina said... [Reply to comment]

Wow that was a lot of snow!

If I may suggest you to make your pictures a little bit bigger so we can appreciate them even more.

Nice pictures.
:)

Jenn said... [Reply to comment]

Karina-How do I do that? Other sites I look at are much bigger and I was thinking about it last week! Help!! :)

Mandy-They're supposed to look like that. They were being prisoners. Lol.

Em-have you gotten PW's cookbook yet?

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011