Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Project Life: Week 4

Hey, all! I actually forgot that today was PLTuesday-I'm in the midst of making The Pioneer Woman's Restaurant Style Salsa. Yummy. Seriously...check her out. She's funny and makes things that even I'm not afraid to try-and that's saying a lot.

1.24.10-After church Mia had a friend over to play. They wanted to do facials and make lip gloss. What a mess! This was right at the beginning of oatmeal masks. :)
1.25.10-My baby lost her first tooth! I blogged about it here.
1.26.10-My Nanny is in a care facility and has been diagnosed with dementia. I always struggle when going to visit her because it's just emotionally draining. During each visit, I pray that my outlook and attitude are cheerful. God has shown up in little ways by making me smile. It's in something funny that Nanny says, a phone call from my husband before I walk into the building and then, there was this:
1.27.10-The forth Wednesday of each month I participate in our school's SIT committee meeting. I enjoy the adult interaction and it keeps me up to date with things going on in our school. I also enjoy the teacher speak :)
1.28.10-Yay! It finally arrived. I can't wait to get started in putting it together!
1.29.10-This is one of the two sweet faces that we left with my in-laws for the weekend. She's so attached to us (esp. me) and whenever we've been gone from them she says "I cried 'bout you." It warms my heart! <3
1.30.10-Wayne and I went to WinterJam in State College, PA. He planned this surprised weekend for us and we had a blast! He even got VIP seating so that we didn't have to stand in the cold and we were front row right beside the catwalk! It was great.
And, I would be remiss if I didn't include this picture of one of my favorite men...

4 comments:

Nothingcanseperate said... [Reply to comment]

Glad you included the Granny escape artist afterall ;) Nice picture of Tait, I'm impressed lovie, so glad you went, I think you needed/deserved a wonderful weekend away from everything! You give so much to everyone around you, you deserved that reward :D !

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

losing a first tooth is such a big thing. great pics.

Emily said... [Reply to comment]

Love it! Ok, I had to laugh at your Granny being an escape artist. :) My grandfather (PawPaw) was in a home for Alzheimer's disease. I know it can be so difficult, but it's great that you go and try to find something to be cheerful about.

Karina said... [Reply to comment]

Cool pics!

:)

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011