Monday, January 4, 2010

End of an Era

When my son was about 3 years old he found a pair of bug rain boots in Target that he had to have. Of course, I bought them! He wore those boots out! We ended up having to replace them the next year with a pair of green frog rain boots. They went with everything, dress up church pants, shorts, swim trunks, just underwear, whatever!! After he outgrew the frogs two years later we didn't end up requiring any more for a while. Last year, Gymboree had adorable monster rain boots on sale and thinking that I'd surprise Peyton, I bought them for him for Easter. He loved them. Took them to my parents farm, stomped around in puddles with them, you get the idea. Well, this year I neglected to buy snow boots for the kids and now they're sold out everywhere. In lieu of actual snow boots, the kids have been playing outside in their rain boots with layers upon layers of socks. :) Whatever works...

The heart breaking part of this seemingly pointless story happened two days ago when I asked the kids to put on their boots so that we could go to the store. Peyton came up to me and said "Mom, do I have to wear the boots out? They're MONSTERS, they have EYES and they're EMBARASSING!" It made me sad....I want my little boy back!

2 comments:

Nothingcanseperate said... [Reply to comment]

:( NOO! Tell him to stop :( First questioning Santa and Disney characters and now being embarrassed by his own endearing wacky style. I hate this :(

Jenn said... [Reply to comment]

I know...I hate it too. :( It makes me sad and while I'm excited about his developing personality and style, I long for the little boy part of him, too.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011