Monday, January 25, 2010

I have a confession....

I keep my children's teeth in my jewelry box. Does that make me morbid? And tonight, with a sweet solution of joy and sadness I get to put another tooth in the box. My baby (she's 5-I can't help it) lost her first tooth tonight! We were laying in bed together watching The Little Mermaid and we were wiggling and wiggling it and it just came out! She let out the sweetest little squeal of excitement while inside I got a little sad. We had a celebration with each tooth that entered their little mouths...at least that's how I like to think of it now...then it was drool and fevers and those herbal teething tablets by the gallon. I can't help but keep them. I only have about 4 now so it's not too weird yet, right? Peyton lost 2-literally-and I dropped one of his down the drain!

When Peyton started to loose his teeth Mia cried and announced in her no longer present baby voice that she wanted "dog teeth, too!" We laughed so hard when, days later, we finally figured out that dog=adult! Now, she's got a gap in her sweet smile and it's just one more way that she's growing up. So-one of these will prob. be my Project Life pic for this day, but I wanted to post them tonight, too.


2 comments:

Nothingcanseperate said... [Reply to comment]

Aww :( Do you have a tooth pillow lol we picked a Tink one up but its little late now! I didn't expect it out so soon! I'm guessing you have something from PB or Chasing Fireflies to put it in for safekeeping for the tooth fairy, er jewelry box. Kinda odd, i remember my Granny pulled out a jar of Melanie's teeth once when I was a kid, and obviously, it made an impression on me...

Top pic picture of the day i love it and I love Meeps :)

Jenn said... [Reply to comment]

Awww..she'll love a Tink tooth pillow. And NO this didn't come from PB or CF although CF have some pretty sweet ones! Does keeping teeth make me a hoarder? Be honest! :)

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011