Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Project Life: Week One

I haven't been able to order my kit yet because of the switch to Amazon, but hopefully soon!! :) I'm trying to be really organized with this. Also, if anyone stops by my sad little blog I'm still new at everything. I started one in the fall as part of an assignment for one of my graduate classes and would love to get better about posting. Also, new to posting pictures, so brace yourselves.

1.3.10-Elphaba Garinda our 4 year old Lab loves to snooze on any piece of furniture that she can find. I just love to see her curled up on the couch or this chair....

1.4.10- Our sweet Mia. She loves posing for pictures and I love taking them of her! She's getting to be so grown up. I can't believe that she's five already.

1.5.10-I have to admit...I have no picture from this day :(


1.6.10-So, two from this day because they're two of my faves...Our handsome man Peyton and then an adorable shot of the two of them!

1.7.10-Peyton loves hats. He wears them everywhere and whenever we go somewhere on vacation or just out shopping and he sees a new hat he has to have it. I admit that I indulge him a little more than I guess I should but I think it's so cool that he has his own interests and it just makes him such a neat little guy! So, this is his "Uncle John" hat because Wayne's Uncle John (whom Pey adores) wears one like this all the time. I even had to order a spare one from Gymboree just in case anything should happen to this one. 1.8.10-My best friend Mandy and I took our girls to see The Princess and the Frog movie on Friday night fully intending to get pics of the girls with their Baby be Blessed dolls and at the movies...but I made no use of the camera in my purse! I need to get better about that. I also need to get a point and shoot one again to make it easier. Anyway, anytime Mandy and I are together (she's a professional photog) I'm always saying "You take the pictures, I'll just get them from you." We're doing this Project Life together as a way to spend some time with each other and she took our Friday picture...which I need to get! lol **Update: I stole this from Mandy's site!**

1.9.10-My mom turned 50 on January 5th. My family celebrated by going to the Lake for dinner at Unos. It's our fave. For about a year now I've been taking these crazy pics of my dad and I so it's a running joke. Everytime he sees me whip out the camera he's now trained to squish his head close to mine! The results, as you can imagine, are hysterical at times. I'm planning on making him a book of them for Father's Day. Here's my new favorite picture that came from that Saturday night dinner...

**To see other awesome Project Life participants please visit Jessica Turner, an awesome crafter and person whom I'm enjoying getting to know-you will, too. :)

8 comments:

Emily said... [Reply to comment]

We have a great dane who is always trying to curl up on our couches too, but I'm always trying to kick her off! Nice pictures@

The Nashville Nosher said... [Reply to comment]

stopping by from jessica's blog. Love all of your photos. your family is precious!

Jess & Ian said... [Reply to comment]

stopping by from Jessica's blog. The pictures are great, cute kiddos.

Jess

Nothingcanseperate said... [Reply to comment]

Boo Elph is in your project? I may be out. Okay I didn't realize we were supposed to blog these, you leave me out of the loop. Good idea, it may help keep me organized and on top of it, which we all know is a weakness. I'll just get you copies of all Fri. pics when i get this week's pics developed. There are too many cute ones. Those girls are so silly.

Susan said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Jennifer!

So nice to meet you. Loved your pictures. Your son is precious in his hat and scarf, so classy!!

dawn said... [Reply to comment]

Hello Jennifer,

I'm new at this blogging thing also. I set one up thru Jessica's site but can't figure out how to get my pictures on it. I love the way your site looks. I'll be back to visit.

Kristin said... [Reply to comment]

Found you via Jessica's blog! Great photos. Suggestion for your blog though...the blog text is so light, it's hard to read! Might want to darken your font a bit....otherwise it's really cute! Stop by my blog if you get a chance. I love seeing what others are doing with their project life!

Jenn said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks for the text suggestion! I changed it! :)

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011