Saturday, January 2, 2010

Quick recap on 2009

2009 brought so many wonderful things into our lives. First, Wayne and I sold our the first home that we'd had to purchase our 'forever' house. We had outgrown the first house the minute we moved in, but it was where the Lord had purposed for us at that moment and we loved that house. However, after praying for almost a year about a house (we really loved the one we bought, but wanted God's will more) we got the house. Beyond excitement! There is not a doubt in my mind that the whole process was a God thing.


This was also the year (fall) that I was supposed to start looking for a teaching job again. I think my being home is as much a blessing to Wayne as it is to me and we made the decision that I would stay home. This time, we didn't put an expiration date on when I would go back to the classroom. Sometimes, I feel bad that I'm still getting my Masters even though I'm not putting it to use at the moment, but I know that I'm doing what I'm supposed to....and that's a great feeling.

We visited Disney World for the first time as well. I just loved it! I think we waited a little too long and should've gone there before doing the cruises because the kids were over the characters and didn't want to pose for pictures, etc. :( My parents went with us and we had a blast! My mom and dad were really a lot of fun on this trip. It was nice to see them enjoy themselves. Dad himself is just like a kid and loved being there as much (if not more!) than we did! This year also brought my dad's diagnosis of Parkinson's Disease. He's in early stages with tremors mainly focused on his hands and arms, but we are hopeful. Michael J. Fox once said that he was grateful for the disease because for as much as it's taken away it's given back. I get that now. Once we were told what the doctors said I made up my that we would never look back and wish we would've done something when dad was able to go. There may come a time when he's unable, but with the advances in medicine that time may never come! I just didn't want to be at the end of anything full of regret. So, Wayne and I went to the travel agent and booked 2 rooms. It was a great decision.

Peyton went off to second grade this year while our baby started Kindergarten. That really hit me a lot harder than I anticipated. I continue to struggle with not having a baby/toddler/not so grown up know-it-all child in the house as now I have two very bright, silly but sometimes sassy children to contend with. The kids love school and I LOVE being the one to take them, make lunches, lay out clothes, and pick them up. It's such a blessing to be able to be home I just can't say enough how grateful and thankful I am for that part of my life.

Kristen also came to live with us in the fall. It's had it's periods of adjustment, but it's been great. We love having her around. She has jumped right in as a regular part of this family and I just pray that we're helping to make her feel comfortable and loved. She joins us for family dinner almost every night, she has movie nights with the kids (and sometimes with Wayne and I), we chat and goof around with her and it's safe to say that we're all happy she's here with us.

We look to 2010 with great hope and excitement for what God has in store for us. I hope to get started with our Associate Pastor with a mission trip for this summer with the youth of our church. I also look forward to seeing Him move within our church family.

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011