Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Project Life: Week 2

Hello, all! It's so neat to connect with different women through this project! I've been really swamped this week as my (hopefully) last semester of graduate school is underway! But, I still managed to capture my family and our life this week!


1.10.10-I grew up on a family farm and love going there and looking through all the buildings with my dad in order to find some new treasure to bring home. I always joke with my dad telling him that's it's okay to leave the farm to my brother, Chris, as long as I get to go through and take what I want beforehand. Dad gave me this shovel after we moved into our new house. I love it although everyone who comes over thinks it's strange that I have a rusty old shovel hanging on my wall!!
10.11.01-Emilia loves jewelry. Right now I'm into layering a lot of long necklaces and when we were getting her ready for school she told me that she wanted to wear a necklace to school as well. I went to get her something that would be practical for her to wear and came down to find her already wearing one of my brand-new Silpada necklaces! She was so proud of herself that I couldn't take it from her. She wore it to Kindergarten and it came home that day without incident!
1.12.10-I feel like I don't ever get enough pictures of Wayne and I together. And, I LOVE the squished together take it yourself pics. Maybe because you never know how they're going to turn out. Mine always seem to be funny...so Wayne tried to take one and it's a little blurry and WAY zoomed in but I love it. I think we look happy and I just love my husband's smiling face :)
11.13.10-This picture turned out so great. I was thrilled to get a good one of Peyton because he's in the stage where he doesn't like to see the camera come out! I think he looks boyish in this one and I love it!
1.14.10-I think all this dog does is sleep! As I type this she's under Wayne's desk laying on my feet (keeping them nice and toasty) and snoring! She sheds a lot and is constantly underfoot and she licks my friend's knees all the time but I love her!

1.15.10-My mom is out of town so Dad hung out with us a good bit this week. As I explained last week, my dad and I always take these kind of photos. I love looking at them-they make me laugh. A LOT. And I love that he acts like he hates doing it, but I know that he loves it. He makes my heart happy! 1.16.10-My goal for the start of the new year was to become more organized than before. I've cleaned out closets and two junk drawers so far (we have 3 and I'm thinking that the other one has to remain a junk drawer). In one of the drawers I found these little water shoes that we bought for Peyton during his first beach trip. They are SO small. So, I pulled out current shoes from my newly organized hall closet to compare! I loved finding them and holding them again, but to see the old and the present shoes side by side made me long for baby days again.
"The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
~Ruth Hulburt Hamilton, 1958

Check out Jessica Turner's blog to see many more Project Life pictures! Be blessed this week!!



4 comments:

Jess & Ian said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Jennifer! Great pictures this week. I love the shovel, it seems like the type of thing you would find at my mother-in-laws farm. I need to get some pictures of Ian and I, thats a goal for this year. Leverage is a great show on Wednesday's at 10pm on TNT. It's about thieves that work together to help people in need...kind of a modern day Robin Hood. You can check it out at: http://www.tnt.tv/series/leverage/
Have a wonderful week!

Jess

Nothingcanseperate said... [Reply to comment]

Aww, so cute. The last one made me sad with Pey's shoes. I need to post mine from the this week and last... how did you get posted already, good for you! And Leverage is a good show ;)

Emily said... [Reply to comment]

Oh, what sweet baby shoes! Just adorable. And I really like the shovel. Very rustic. ;)

Susan said... [Reply to comment]

Oh, these pictures were so cute! Enjoyed my visit!

Blessings~

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011